For a hospital patient, a smile and a few words of encouragement can make a real difference. Volunteers provide support, encouragement and a fresh perspective to patients and the hospital.
In return, volunteers become part of our family, and they join the team of physicians, nurses, staff members and others who make our patients feel at home.
We work closely with each new volunteer to find an assignment that matches his or her interests, skills, and motivation.
- Deliver flowers
- Deliver mail
- Transport patients by wheelchair to other areas of the hospital
- Assist patients in leaving the hospital at the time of discharge
- Take patients to their rooms or to the lab upon admission
- Distribute and assist patients with their menu selection
- Pick up and deliver meal trays
- Deliver supplies to departments
- Clerical duties as requested by departments
- Help at special hospital functions such as Health Fairs, Women’s Programs, etc.
- Any other duties requested that can be helpful to staff, patients and visitors
- Application form
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator
- Annual health updates including TB skin test
- Hospital and Volunteer orientation
- Minimum one 2-4 hour volunteer shift per week for at least 3 months
- Proof of MMR and chicken pox/varicella immunity
* Due to processing time and volume of applications, there is a waiting period.
Download our Volunteer Application at the link below, and mail the completed form to our Volunteer Services team.
Mail applications to:
Attn: Volunteer Services
355 New Shackle Island Rd
Hendersonville, TN 37075
For more information, please call TriStar Hendersonville’s volunteer coordinator at (615) 338-1198.