Serving Sumner County Communities
We are proud to provide convenient access to care for the families of Sumner county. Our two emergency departments bring care closer to home when you need it most.
If you’re experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Our main campus at TriStar Hendersonville, has a modern, 15-bed ER that provides the highest level of acute care 24/7. Twenty-five miles to our north, we offer an eight-bed emergency department at TriStar Portland ER where we treat a wide variety of medical emergencies.
More than 30,000 patients rely on us each year when the unexpected happens. Quality, compassionate care is our top priority at TriStar Hendersonville.
Why Choose Us?
- Rapid assessments of patients with heart attack symptoms as well as the latest in heart care including clot-busting agents
- Rapid assessments of cardiac disease and trauma
- Sumner County's first Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Expert treatment for patients of all ages, from children to older adults
- Convenient bedside registration to reduce wait times
- A "Fast Track" service to treat minor injuries or illnesses
- Highly trained and skilled medical staff, including board-certified emergency physicians, registered nurses, physician's assistants, and consulting physicians representing more than 30 medical specialties
- Access to mental health resources
- The most advanced technologies, including filmless xray technology that allows the radiologist and physician to view test results simultaneously
- A helipad for air ambulances
Recognizing the Symptoms...
Two of the most common life-threatening emergencies are heart attacks and strokes. In both cases, time is crucial. Being able to recognize the symptoms can help save the life of you or someone you love:
Chest pain is often a symptom of heart disease. It occurs when the blood vessels leading to the heart are blocked. This results in less blood, and therefore less oxygen, reaching the heart muscle. When the heart muscle is deprived of oxygen, chest pain and other symptoms result. Chest pain of any kind deserves a medical evaluation to determine its cause.
Other symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath & difficulty breathing
- Unexplained anxiety
- Weakness of fatigue
- Cold sweat
Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
Heart disease strikes someone in the U.S. every 34 seconds and claims more lives than ALL forms of cancer combined. Take our Heart Risk Assessment and see, in just a few quick minutes, if you're at risk for heart disease. It's easy & free!What's YOUR Heart's Age?
Stroke is a type of cardiovascular disease. It affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or a burst. When that happens, part of the brain cannot get the blood and oxygen it needs, so it starts to die.
Learn to recognize the symptoms of a stroke quickly:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause