Hyperbaric Oxgyen Treatment (HBOT)
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (615) 338-2090.
At the Advance Wound Care Center at TriStar Hendersonville, we use hyperbaric medicine for treatment of chronic, non-healing wounds.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment (HBOT) is an adjunctive treatment in which the patient breathes 100% oxygen while enclosed in a pressurized chamber at greater than-normal atmospheric pressure. While breathing pure oxygen, your blood plasma becomes saturated, carrying 15 to 20 times the normal amount of oxygen to the body's tissues, which advances the body's natural healing mechanisms. At Eastside, we use hyperbaric medicine for advanced treatment of chronic, non-healing wounds.
Hyperbaric Chamber in Hendersonville
Who needs Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment (HBOT)?
HBOT is used to treat a variety of conditions including:
- Enhancement of healing in selected problem wounds
- Crush injuries
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections
- Radiation tissue damage
- Skin grafts and flaps
- Diabetic wounds of the lower extremity
- Acute traumatic injury
What To Expect
- After an initial consultation and examination at the Advance Wound Care Center, you will receive instructions on your treatment.
- Before treatment, you will change into provided cotton garments. For safety reasons, no other clothing may be worn inside of a hyperbaric oxygen treatment chamber.
- Once you are comfortably positioned inside the chamber, the pressure will gradually be increased and the temperature will temporarily rise. You may experience fullness in your ears as a result of the increased pressure. Our technicians will instruct you on ways to help clear the pressure and relieve any discomfort.
- Most treatment sessions will last approximately two hours. While undergoing treatment, you may watch TV, simply relax or even sleep.