Cardiac scoring is a pain-free, non-invasive and inexpensive proceduring requiring less than 10 minutes. The amount of calcified plaque detected in your coronary arteries is used to establish your coronary calcium score.
Are you a candidate?
Those who would benefit from a cardiac scoring test include:
- Males over 45 and females over 55
- Diabetes patients
- Family history of stroke or heart disease
- Overweight by 10 pounds or more
- High cholesterol or blood pressure patients
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Anyone concerned about their risk for heart disease
What will I learn from the test?
The score, based on age, gender and other risk factors, is a strong indicator of your risk for coronary artery disease. Your physician can use this information to recommend the appropriate treatment, including diet and lifestyles changes, medication, and/or further testing.
Is it cost-efficient?
The cardiac calcium screening is priced at $69, which includes cardiologist interpretation.
Call (615) 695-7227 to schedule an appointment.